Find this book on Amazon.
In Karachi, where Orangi is located, the OPP, on the basis of its 20 years work with communities, has become involved in developing city level alternatives to government plans and is pressing for these alternatives to become policy.
In September 1988, Diana Mitlin of the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), UK, suggested that I carry out a study on the scaling up of the Orangi Pilot Project (OPP). I informed her...
Poverty alleviation is a term and concept that is being used, discussed and applied in a big way in Pakistan for the last couple of years. This term is creating a mindset that increasingly ignores the causes of poverty and seeks only to address their effects.
In February and March of 1996, an Asian Coalition for Housing Rights (ACHR) Mission, consisting of Father Jorge Anzorena and Arif Hasan, visited Almaty and Bishkek at the request of DIA and HIC. DIA funded...
Major changes are taking place in Asia, both at the macro level and “on the ground”. Liberalisation of the economy, strategic readjustment, the tourist and manufacturing boom and large scale demographic changes are creating both...
- NSRP Hyderabad April 8, 2017
- KCR Concerns February 5, 2017
- Drivers of climate change vulnerability at different scales in Karachi January 17, 2017
- Karachi Diagnostic January 8, 2017
- Ugly Karachi November 6, 2016
- The Role of Architects in Society – An Interview with Archi Times November 1, 2016
- Malir University October 26, 2016
- ‘Honour’ Killings August 7, 2016
- Findings of Quantitative Survey of Challenges of Using Footpaths in Selected Localities of Karachi August 1, 2016
- Neo-liberalism and its Impact on Urban Planning in South Asia May 4, 2016
- Eclipse of Feudalism December 8, 2015
- Road map needed November 17, 2015
- State of Transport September 17, 2015
- Urban Land Reform July 15, 2015
- Responding To The Transport Crisis In Karachi July 4, 2015